12th of Dec '17 @ 12:59 AM
Posting this now as I will have a busy couple of days ahead. That also means that half of the event is not over yet, so some of this has the chance of becoming false in the future!
I think that the best way of helping out a site we all love is honest feedback so I decided to create this thread for all of us c: What did you guys like? What didn't you like as much?
- I am super happy to see that @mochihugs
is apparently settling in well in their new position as Item Artist. Of course I don't know what was drawn by whom, but I liked a vast majority of the new Items so far. Good job!
- Item Descriptions so far have been top notch. Seriously, I laughed so hard on some of them.
- The implementation of Lahja and their event was a great new addition! Buuut that also leads me to...
- The huge missed potential in Lahja's Event. The first week of tasks was interesting and diverse. While I didn't like some of the tasks, that's entirely personal. Having something you can do each day was a great idea, especially because the tasks were quick and fun to do. I was extremely disappointed to see the same tasks just made harder and repeated in the same order after just eight days. There were so many more things that could've been used to make it more diverse. (again, there are still two weeks of the event and I don't know what's around the corner!)
- The lackluster prizes for Lahja thus far. The fact that there have already been THREE duplicates in just twelve days literally hurts my soul. There were so many old event Items that could've been brought back if the intention was to not create too many new Items. It just feels terribly unrewarding to complete a task and just... get the Item you already got less than a week ago.
- The setup for Lahja seemed a bit... confusing. The newspost announcing Lahja seemed to me like a teaser, hinting at Lahja appearing in a couple of days. If I hadn't checked the Arcade just in case, I would've missed at least one day. This might also be a personal thing though, maybe I just misunderstood.
What really bothers me though is the fact that many people, even staff members (https://www.icepets.com/newboards/viewposts.php?topic=36883&p=1), thought that missed days could just be redone later and hence missed out on a couple of days and their prizes. To me, it's absolute nonsense that we have a cash item for missed advent days, but not for missed Lahja days and it seems like a huge oversight on staff's part.
I really hope that I'm not stepping on anybody's toes with this as it's clearly not my intention. I just feel like collective feedback can help improve upcoming events :3