Newest Created Pets
Your source for everything IcePets!
How to Draw: Items
Soft, cartoony, round, and bold colours. Realism is a no-go for items. Using references from previous items is recommended. The use of textures in shading is preferred.
- Photoshop is highly recommended.
- When using Photoshop use the "Save for Web" feature instead of regular saving.
- 200x200 px Canvas is a good standard size to work with when drawing items.
- Take up as much space as possible. If you have a lot of blank space, something is wrong.
- Once an item is completed, shrink the file to 85x85 px.
- Save as a .png with a transparent background.
The ink layer should be thick enough that it doesn't get lost in the colouring layers, but not so thick that it would be considered a bold outline. The ink layer is always black except for very few exceptions where a dark colour is used.
Item shading can vary depending on texture of the object. The general rule of "circular" shading applies to items similarly to pets. Items generally have a base colour, a highlight colour, and one or two shading colours. This means an item can have three or four total shades of the same colour. More or less can be added at the artist's discretion as needed to help show texture and highlight features.
You can find a full step-by-step guide showing how to colour items by clicking [here].
© Copyright IcePets.Com (Andrew Judd) 2009-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Version: pre-release - Latest Deploy: 2020-02-17 15:11:20 IST